UC Davis Response to
President’s Task Force on Faculty Diversity
Campus Data Request
Reports since 1995 covering faculty gender equity or racial diversity prepared by campus committees, task forces, advisory panels or other campus groups
1A. Assessment of 2001-02 Hiring of Women Faculty (5/12/2003)
1B. Addendum to Campus Progress on Gender Equity and Work Life Balance (4/22/2003)
1D. Career Equity Review (1/7/2003) and the (1M.) UC Davis Merit Equity Review (10/7/1996)
1E. Response to State Audit (4/16/2002)
Which included the “Principles of Community-Reaffirmed”
1F. Progress on Faculty Hiring and Efforts to address Equity Issues (10/4/2001)
1G. Deans, Directors and Dept. Chairs and Campus Admin. Officers Memo on Implementation of the Task Force on Faculty Recruitment
1H. Report of the Chancellor’s and Provost’s Task Force on Faculty Recruitment (5/1/2000)
The following reports are the direct result of the Taskforce on Faculty Recruitment:
1I. Division of Humanities, Arts & Cultural Studies
1J. College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences
1K. Division of Social Sciences
1L. College of Engineering
- Studies since 1995 of campus climate for faculty, including a copy of the survey instrument, if available, and any resulting reports, analyses or recommendations
2A. Academic Personnel was not notified of this study; however, it was located during our research to compile data for this report. We thought you might find it of interest.
Postdoctoral Scholars Analysis of a Survey
- Studies of faculty compensation by race and/or gender completed since 1995, along with a description of methodology
3A. Attached is the Salary Equity Study (1993) which was compiled prior to the UC Davis Merit Equity Review. You may want to reference that report which you will find in Section 1.
- A description of any special campus programs to promote equity and diversity among ladder rank faculty… descriptions of administrative offices to monitor equity in academic personnel practices, pipeline programs such as Chancellors Postdoc Fellows, curricular initiatives, mentoring programs, waivers to search procedures for exceptional hiring opportunities, etc.
4A. Partner Opportunity Program
4B. Recommendations, Memo, Website of the Committee on Work-Life Balance
4C. Mandatory New Chairs Workshop
4D. Leadership Development Program
4E. APO Program Summary for Trainings, etc.
- Titles and job descriptions of individuals with responsibility for faculty diversity and an org chart of showing the level of staff and reporting lines
5A. Organizational Chart and Position Descriptions
We also felt the Academic Personnel Office Strategic Plan should be included in this section:
- A description of campus programs to brief academic administrators, deans, department chairs and/or hiring committees on academic personnel practices to promote equity and diversity.
6A. Pre-recruitment process for Ladder-Rank FTE;s
6B. Academic Personnel Manual UCD 500
6C. Diversity Education Program
6D. Understanding Diversity On-Line Certificate Series
- If the campus has made any effort to analyze start up packages of recently hired professors by race and gender in the past 10 years, please provide a description of research funds, summer salary, housing assistance, etc., for equity?
7A. Stop the Clock Usage at UCD for tenure track faculty
- If the campus has any records allowing for an analysis of retention efforts by race and gender, please provide those records or any repots. For example, does the campus monitor retention efforts by race and gender, including analyses of the nature of the outside offer, the retention package offered, and whether the faculty member stayed.
None Available at this time
- Demographic data reflecting the race and gender of campus Academic Senate officers, committee chairs and members of major committees including: CAPS, Academic Planning, Budget, Committees on Committees, representatives to system-wide Senate committees.
9A. Gender and Ethnicity, Academic Senate Committees
9B. Gender and Ethnicity, System-wide Committee Assignments
- Additional statistical data
The following statistical data is used regularly by Academic personnel and your committee may find it of use.
10A. Employee Summary Data
10C. Affirmative Action Personnel Program Plan
10D. Black Issues in Higher Education Area, Ethnic, Culture and Gender Studies