Mark your calendars for a Nov. 2 web chat with UC President Mark Yudof and Staff Advisors to the Regents Kevin Smith and Kathy Barton.
A central focus of the discussion will be UC's financial future and how success or failure of Proposition 30, Gov. Jerry Brown's November ballot initiative, could impact UC.
The live employee web chat will take place on Friday, Nov. 2, 12 to 1 p.m. on UStream TV.
The event is an opportunity for all UC faculty and staff to have an open conversation with President Yudof about some of the issues facing the university and its employees.
"With the upcoming election and so many critical issues facing UC and all of higher education," Smith said, "we wanted to give employees a chance to speak directly with President Yudof."
You are encouraged to submit questions during the web cast via UStream (see instructions below), but you may also submit questions directly to the staff advisors via this email link in advance of the event.
View the webcast and submit questions
- Watch and participate in the web chat Friday, Nov. 2, from 12 to 1 p.m. at: http://www.ustream.tv/ucevents.
- To submit questions and comments during the web chat, you must create a UStream account. This is a simple process that takes about one minute. Sign up for an account at http://www.ustream.tv/login-signup. Note: Creating a UStream account is not required to simply view the webcast.
To participate in the live web chat, we recommend the following:
- A high-speed (broadband) Internet connection (1.5mbps/sec or greater)
- Speakers and/or headphones to listen to audio
We have tested the stream and chat with the following Internet browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 and 9*
- Firefox 3
- Safari 5
- Google Chrome
*Please note: Users who attempt to create a UStream account using Internet Explorer 7 may encounter problems. We recommend using Firefox or Internet Explorer 8 to create an account. An account is required only if you wish to participate in the chat session; you may view the webcast without participating in the web chat and without creating a UStream account.