Statement from UC Board of Regents Chair Kieffer and UC President Napolitano on Gov. Newsom’s budget plan
UC Office of the President
January 10, 2019
UC Board of Regents Chair George Kieffer and UC President Janet Napolitano today (Jan. 10) issued the following statement on Gov. Newsom’s budget plan:
In the News
The Washington Post
December 4, 2018
Colleges and universities cannot waver on doing what’s right.
University of California Admissions
November 29, 2018
REMINDER: The UC application deadline is 11:59 p.m. PST, Nov. 30! To apply online, click here.
The Washington Post
November 9, 2018
The result is favorable to 800,000 DACA recipients and to the University of California suit challenging the program's rescission.
- How gut immune cells can fight multiple sclerosis
- Study identifies a new way by which the human brain marks time
- Student activism pushes UC toward a carbon-free future
- Rethinking what we teach about California's missions
- Risk tolerance: It's in your DNA
- Sugar’s sick secrets: How industry forces have manipulated science to downplay the harm
- ‘World’s greatest wine library’ continues to grow
- Can our forests survive the next drought?
- Can artificial intelligence tell a polar bear from a can opener?
- The importance of being tilted
- Iceboxes and jail: Helping immigrant mothers and children held at the border
- Artificial intelligence can detect Alzheimer’s disease in brain scans 6 years before a diagnosis
- Graduate student’s steerable brain device wins big at inventors competition
- Bulldogs’ screw tails linked to human genetic disease
- Coming to America
- UC Irvine cited as a community college pipeline leader
- The mystery of the super-ager
- The international statistic of the year
- The female historians unearthing women's stories
- UC’s most buzzworthy research of 2018
January 17, 2019
The University of California Board of Regents is looking for the next student representative to serve on UC’s governing body. The Student Regent is a full voting member of the board, representing more than 270,000 graduate and undergraduate students across the university’s 10-campus system.
November 16, 2018
The University of California today (Nov. 16) launched the third annual UC Entrepreneur Pitch Competition, a systemwide effort to connect new and veteran UC entrepreneurs with coaching, resources and exposure to a network of investors to advance and scale their startups.
November 8, 2018
The University of California applauds today’s decision by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that keeps in place the injunction preventing the Department of Homeland Security from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
October 26, 2018
University of California President Janet Napolitano today (Oct. 26) announced the formation of an advisory committee of university faculty, staff, students, alumni and foundation representatives to help in the international search for a new chancellor to lead UC Santa Cruz. Board of Regents Chair George Kieffer also appointed five regents to serve on the committee.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.