UC Office of the President
July 11, 2018
The University of California announced today (July 11) that it has offered nearly 137,000 students a spot on at least one of its nine undergraduate campuses this fall, including more than 28,750 transfer applicants, the highest number in the history of the university.
In the News
August 15, 2018
Why the UC system keeps dominating the rankings when it comes to affordability and quality of education.
July 10, 2018
The renewals come after a UC lawsuit against the Department of Homeland Security in Sept. 2017.
July 6, 2018
The first-generation UC Merced grad now leads Global Music and Youth Culture Communications for Instagram.
- Can we grow one of the world's largest food crops without fertilizer?
- UC hospitals recognized as nation, state's best
- Fake news can’t fool new algorithm
- Relax, mom. You still matter.
- Smartphones act as digital security blankets in stressful social situations
- Always a maverick: Alum Cynthia Marshall, NBA’s first African American female CEO
- Neurosurgeon’s accurate diagnosis restored teen’s vision
- Celebrating the 2018 Oakland Promise Scholars
- Space probe to plunge into fiery corona of the sun
- Information overload has been around since the 1800s
- Moral decision making is rife with internal conflict
- Faith in an MBA: A priest comes to Berkeley Haas
- Float away with a good book
- Designing a solar tarp
- Cracking the code on first-gen college student success
- The last wild ocean
- Reeling from the news? Train your brain to feel better with these 4 techniques
- Can you tell a fake laugh from real?
- How UC is ringing out the summer
- 56 suspect chemicals found in the average pregnant woman
August 13, 2018
The University of California is a national leader in educational quality, affordability and alumni success, according to new rankings released today (Aug. 13) by MONEY magazine.
August 6, 2018
University of California Board of Regents Chair George Kieffer and UC President Janet Napolitano today (Aug. 6) welcomed Gov. Brown’s four latest appointments to the UC Board of Regents: Laphonza Butler, Michael Cohen, Cecilia V. Estolano and Richard H. Leib.
July 19, 2018
The University of California Board of Regents today (July 19) approved the university’s revised 2018-19 budget plan, which reflects increases in state funding, keeps the student service fee at its current level and reduces tuition by $60.
July 6, 2018
A lawsuit filed by the University of California has allowed more than 117,000 young immigrants to extend their authorization to legally live and work in the United States under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.
Youth voices in urban agriculture
As part of the UC Global Food Initiative, the UC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program teamed up with urban farms and gardens in the Bay Area to hear about youth experiences at these places and better understand the challenges of maintaining an urban garden.