UC Office of the President
October 1, 2018
The University of California and the California Nurses Association (CNA) have reached agreement on a four-year contract that recognizes the integral role nurses play in delivering excellent patient care across UC’s five world-renowned medical centers, UC announced today (Oct. 1).
In the News
September 5, 2018
Progress in ending the gender pay gap has been excruciatingly slow, writes UC President Janet Napolitano. But here's what we can do.
August 29, 2018
UC President Janet Napolitano shares five major tips on navigating political life.
August 15, 2018
Why the UC system keeps dominating the rankings when it comes to affordability and quality of education.
- Ancient pigment can boost energy efficiency
- Nine UC faculty elected to National Academy of Medicine
- Moringa — the next superfood?
- Students wage an all-out effort to get their classmates to vote
- How to study less and learn more
- Sick of googling symptoms and getting bad information? Here's a second opinion.
- A Ph.D. in punk? Only at UC Riverside
- Climate change may deplete the world's beer
- New course on the Beatles comes together
- The Kidney Project and the bioartificial pancreas: When inspiration strikes twice
- Why we think women sound shrill
- Nine in 10 Silicon Valley jobs pay less now than 20 years ago
- UC’s fresh crop of MacArthur geniuses
- What if doctors could zero in on the one action that would make the most impact on your health?
- UC named a national leader in renewable energy
- Wanted: Student ambassadors to build support in Sacramento
- Smartphone, M.D.
- How a UCLA philosophy professor helped construct ‘The Good Place’
- Sex on the kitchen table
- The Central Valley's freedom summer
October 12, 2018
The University of California Advocacy Network (UCAN) is seeking student ambassadors to champion UC’s teaching, research and public service missions while serving as liaisons between their campus and Sacramento.
October 10, 2018
UC Health Executive Vice President John D. Stobo, M.D., issued the following statement today in response to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) proposed rule to expand the definition of “public charge.”
October 5, 2018
The University of California will provide approximately 10,000 students in the Stockton Unified School District access to an online tool to help them better track their progress toward college eligibility, UC President Janet Napolitano announced today (Oct. 5) during a rally at Franklin High School in Stockton.
September 27, 2018
The University of California Board of Regents today (Sept. 27) approved UC President Janet Napolitano’s selection of Claire Holmes, a veteran communications and public relations leader, as senior vice president of External Relations and Communications at UC’s Office of the President.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.