UC remains dedicated to building a more diverse workforce, particularly those from under-represented racial and ethnic populations in the U.S. A more diverse academic and staff population is an increasingly important measure of a great university.
- Two or more races/ethnicities was collected beginning in 2010 to align with federal reporting requirements.
- In 2010, UC re-categorized some academic administrators (mostly deans) from SMG staff to academics.
- Workforce headcounts and an explanation of the methodology behind the personnel categories can be found on the employee headcount dashboard: https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/uc-employee-headcount
- The effective size of UC's workforce in terms of full-time-equivalent (FTE) employees can be found on the FTE dashboard: https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/employee-fte
- Employee groupings are based on Class-Title-Outline (CTO) code. More information can be found here: http://accountability.universityofcalifornia.edu/2017/chapters/Glossary....
- Years with fewer than five individuals will not display in the charts.
- Data is sourced from the Corporate Personnel System