February 10, 2016
Long before dating sites, a pair of economists delved into the question of matchmaking, and hit upon a formula with applications far beyond romance.
In the News
New York Times
May 4, 2016
The new AgTech Accelerator will get ideas for new companies and expert advice from various universities, including UC Davis.
Los Angeles Times
May 4, 2016
A UC Davis professor explains the motivations and reactions of the animals as they race.
May 3, 2016
Watch a UC Berkeley doctoral candidate study the animals in Sumatra.
- UC Riverside graduate student to attend competitive program on food security
- We are not alone - there are germs in space, too
- Exploiting male-killing bacteria to control insects
- UC campuses rank highly on world reputation list
- Experiencing the 6-by-9 world of solitary confinement
- Industry upbeat about new UC Davis strawberry breeding research
- Inadequate financial savings tied to childhood health risks
- Children trust ‘smart’ characters on television
- Prince’s first manager reflects on the early days
- College campuses take on food waste
- International colloquium launches Global Tea Initiative
- UC president makes historic visit to Arcata High School
- ‘Ultracool’ dwarf star hosts three potentially habitable planets
- Wrapping up multiple sclerosis at UCSF
- Mystery unmasked
- Not just climate change: Study finds human activity is a major factor driving wildfires
- Cheaters never win, new study finds
- From Riverside’s Casa Blanca to the White House
- Researchers dive into big data to predict NBA winners
- Biofluorescent catsharks, glowing in the deep
May 5, 2016
The University of California Office of the President announced today (May 5) that San Francisco attorney Melinda Haag, a former U.S. attorney for the Northern District of California, will lead an independent investigation into allegations that Linda Katehi violated university policies while serving as chancellor of UC Davis.
May 2, 2016
For the second year in a row, the University of California ranked highest among universities worldwide in incorporating climate change risks in its investment decision-making, according to the findings released today (May 2) by an independent organization.
May 2, 2016
The University of California today (May 2) launched a pilot program to foster the next generation of leaders who are passionate about improving public health and combating the adverse effects of tobacco products.
April 18, 2016
A competition that helps grad students build valuable skills in explaining the what and why of their research, the 2016 Grad Slam takes place April 22.
The University of California Global Food Initiative addresses one of the critical issues of our time: how to sustainably and nutritiously feed a growing world population.
UCSF’s new Healthy Beverage Initiative, which has phased out the sale of sugar-sweetened beverages at UCSF, is setting an example for efforts to improve health throughout UC and beyond.
Known as the "Avocado Queen," Mary Lu Arpaia leads the avocado breeding program at UC Riverside. Her task: build a better avocado, enhance avocado consumption in the U.S. and help sustain the California avocado industry.
This Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory scientist moonlights as one of Wikipedia's most prolific illustrators.