In the News
June 29, 2016
President Napolitano pays tribute to students who bring the mission of the University of California to life.
June 28, 2016
New research confirmed by Lawrence Livermore National Lab may mean a rewrite for physics textbooks.
Los Angeles Times
June 23, 2016
Aggressive, early recruiting is helping the campus increase its enrollment of underrepresented students.
- The flexible, durable solar cell
- 5 food safety tips for healthy outdoor grilling
- UC ramps up role for White House's Cancer Moonshot
- Fetal surgery stands to advance from new glues inspired by mussels
- Farm aid
- Speaking for scholars
- Berkeley Lab creates reactions never before possible
- What ancient DNA tells us about the Himalayas
- Renowned L.A. foodie flavors her UCLA class with moral questions about food
- UCLA Clinical and Translational Science Institute receives $69.6M NIH grant
- Connecting farms to schools
- Greater alcohol use may reduce heart attacks, increase atrial fibrillation
- Entrepreneurship: Open for business at Berkeley Law
- E-cigarette vapors could be toxic to oral cavity, UCLA study finds
- UC Santa Cruz team wins game design competition at E3
- Concussions prevalent in water polo, first-of-kind survey finds
- Human brain houses diverse populations of neurons, new research shows
- ‘Dark vortex’ confirmed on Neptune
- Cutting-edge model of the heart will help scientists study new therapies
- 30 Under 30: The girl who wants to end hunger
June 23, 2016
While it is good news on a critical issue for the country, the decision does not directly impact the University of California.
June 14, 2016
Inaugural award program recognizes young leaders making outstanding contributions in the fight to solve the global food crisis.
June 2, 2016
University of California President Janet Napolitano made a statement today (June 2) about the tragic events at UCLA.
June 2, 2016
The University of California launched the TomKat UC Carbon Neutrality Project with a $300,000 gift from the TomKat Foundation, established by Tom Steyer and Kathryn Taylor. The TomKat UC Carbon Neutrality Project seeks to develop and deploy solutions to the challenges of climate change.
"Bending the curve" on climate change
Renowned atmospheric scientist V. Ramanathan of UC San Diego's Scripps Institution of Oceanography explains how the state of California and the UC system together can lead the charge through the Carbon Neutrality Initiative and ‘bend the curve’ in global warming.
Bold Solutions: UC Global Food Initiative
The University of California Global Food Initiative addresses one of the critical issues of our time: how to sustainably and nutritiously feed a growing world population.
Can we change the microbiome of the UC system?
UCSF’s new Healthy Beverage Initiative, which has phased out the sale of sugar-sweetened beverages at UCSF, is setting an example for efforts to improve health throughout UC and beyond.
Yummiest avocado ever?
Known as the "Avocado Queen," Mary Lu Arpaia leads the avocado breeding program at UC Riverside. Her task: build a better avocado, enhance avocado consumption in the U.S. and help sustain the California avocado industry.