In the News
Los Angeles Times
April 22, 2015
California institutions have in many ways been in the vanguard of progressive policies to promote energy efficiency and reduce their carbon footprint. Now, in the grip of a severe drought and facing mandatory water restrictions, the state's colleges are under intensified pressure to reduce consumption and ramp up other conservation measures.
April 20, 2015
Doug Parker, director of the University of California Institute for Water Resources, helps explain California agriculture's water use.
April 14, 2015
Pioneering UC research connects the dots between health and exposure to agricultural chemicals.
- Farm team
- UC Health center breaks down barriers to sharing innovations
- Zapping away space junk
- UC grad students deliver solutions, startups
- Grad Slam LIVE!
- Get ready to be 'Shakespeared'
- Cosmic collisions wake up snoozing galaxies
- Surfing into a greener future
- Sugary drinks boost risk factors for heart disease
- Is there life out there? UC researchers aim to find out
- President Napolitano among new members of American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- UC Irvine student uses art to inspire climate activism
- UC students tour peach farm, meet with President Napolitano
- UC Davis opens Life Sciences Innovation Center in Chile
- Healthy Campus Initiative to honor students, staff at inaugural celebration
- Nutrition app takes Food Hackathon grand prize
- Feeding a growing population
- Overnight fasting may reduce breast cancer risk
- Is that pill really what it's supposed to be?
- National conference opens flow of ideas on drought
April 20, 2015
UCOP will continue to fund three fellowships per campus, with the amount increasing to $4,000 for each fellowship, to support student-generated research, related projects or internships that focus on food issues.
April 16, 2015
Interactive data allows the public to explore a wide range of topics related to UC.
April 10, 2015
President Napolitano, former governor of Arizona, releases a statement about the death of Raul H. Castro, who served as the 14th governor of Arizona:
March 23, 2015
UC President Napolitano releases statement on Jack W. Peltason, the emeritus UC president and emeritus chancellor of UC Irvine who died March 21.
UC Cooperative Extension nutrition educator Marc Sanchez, aka the 'Green Monster,' is helping elementary school kids overcome one of their perennial fears: eating their vegetables.
UC Davis student chefs vie to put their dishes on the menu of UC Davis dining halls. It's among campus efforts to help students prepare to cook nutritious meals when they move out of residence halls.
UC Davis' Kimber Stanhope explains how the new Nutrition Facts label will reveal the amount of sugar that is added to our foods.
Cells are like night club bouncers, says UC San Diego's Amro Hamdoun: With every substance that a cell encounters, it has to decide which to eliminate and which to let in.