February 10, 2016
Long before dating sites, a pair of economists delved into the question of matchmaking, and hit upon a formula with applications far beyond romance.
In the News
Los Angeles Times
April 29, 2016
The story notes that schools including UCLA, UC Berkeley and Harvard University have added food law departments or classes.
The Salinas Californian
April 28, 2016
The UC Davis Strawberry Breeding Program has been averaging one new variety per year since 1968 that it will produce and make available for sale to commercial growers.
April 28, 2016
A UCSF psychiatrist created a social network to help patients feel less isolated.
- Mystery unmasked
- Not just climate change: Study finds human activity is a major factor driving wildfires
- Cheaters never win, new study finds
- From Riverside’s Casa Blanca to the White House
- Researchers dive into big data to predict NBA winners
- Biofluorescent catsharks, glowing in the deep
- UC San Diego's iconic Geisel Library to open new cafe
- How your brain files away words
- UC Santa Cruz student entrepreneurs headed for major international trade show
- High-tech sandbox puts research in the palm of your hands
- UC researchers join largest autism study ever in U.S.
- Weill gift gives UCSF unprecedented opportunity to advance neurosciences research
- What’s behind the heartbreaking risk of anti-inflammatory drugs
- Malaria-free world possible within a generation, UCSF study says
- UC alums win 2016 Pulitzer Prizes
- UC grad students talk straight to win big
- Roof racks a drag on fuel economy
- Fructose alters hundreds of brain genes, which can lead to a wide range of diseases
- Mountain man
- The buzz on bees
April 18, 2016
A competition that helps grad students build valuable skills in explaining the what and why of their research, the 2016 Grad Slam takes place April 22.
April 13, 2016
The fellowship program is an ambitious new effort for law students at UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UCLA and UC Irvine.
April 4, 2016
The numbers show that the university is on track to enroll an additional 5,000 California undergraduates in 2016.
March 22, 2016
The funds will help UC students with significant financial need to participate in UC’s top-flight educator preparation programs: the Governor’s Teacher Scholars program and the Principal Leadership Institute program.
The University of California Global Food Initiative addresses one of the critical issues of our time: how to sustainably and nutritiously feed a growing world population.
UCSF’s new Healthy Beverage Initiative, which has phased out the sale of sugar-sweetened beverages at UCSF, is setting an example for efforts to improve health throughout UC and beyond.
Known as the "Avocado Queen," Mary Lu Arpaia leads the avocado breeding program at UC Riverside. Her task: build a better avocado, enhance avocado consumption in the U.S. and help sustain the California avocado industry.
This Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory scientist moonlights as one of Wikipedia's most prolific illustrators.