February 10, 2016
Long before dating sites, a pair of economists delved into the question of matchmaking, and hit upon a formula with applications far beyond romance.
In the News
May 24, 2016
Performers at UCLA will share personal stories about their relationship with the traditional headscarf.
May 23, 2016
UCLA professor and company research head explains how use of the app reveals a lot about human nature.
The Washington Post
May 20, 2016
Several UCs are major transfer destinations, with UCLA and UC Davis leading the way.
- Spoiler alert: spoilers make you enjoy stories more
- Hybrid cancer drug could be resistance-resistant
- Richard and Evelyne Rominger to receive the UC Davis Medal
- The iPhone’s ancestor
- UCLA study identifies how brain connects memories across time
- Better water quality for all, thanks to UC Santa Barbara grad students
- President Obama honors 3 UC professors with national medals
- A helping hand for students without families at UC Santa Cruz
- UC President Napolitano meets with Washington leaders
- First peek into the brain of a freely walking fruit fly
- When selling good karma goes bad
- Care about coral reefs? Protect the 'lawnmowers'
- Doctors go digital at UC Irvine
- UCLA Dentistry names new dean
- Could the mystery of the meow actually be solved by a new talking cat collar?
- Rep. John Lewis highlights UC Davis School of Law commencement
- Across the universe
- Cancer cell growth linked to nervous system in UC Merced study
- Why does power make us lose our way?
- To reduce pre-Alzheimer’s cognitive impairment, get to the yoga mat
May 18, 2016
A University of California Board of Regents special committee has nominated UC Berkeley law student Paul Monge as the 2017-18 student regent, UC announced today (May 18).
May 12, 2016
The University of California Board of Regents today (May 12) approved Christine Gulbranson as senior vice president for research innovation and entrepreneurship at UC’s Office of the President.
May 11, 2016
University of California President Janet Napolitano today (May 11) announced a three-year commitment to support the university’s efforts for undocumented UC students.
May 9, 2016
A robotic exoskeleton that allows paralyzed people to walk again, a simple urine test to detect early-stage breast cancer, and spider-inspired silk that may be stronger than steel – these are several of the promising startups being celebrated at the state Capitol tomorrow (May 10) for University of California’s Innovation Day.
The University of California Global Food Initiative addresses one of the critical issues of our time: how to sustainably and nutritiously feed a growing world population.
UCSF’s new Healthy Beverage Initiative, which has phased out the sale of sugar-sweetened beverages at UCSF, is setting an example for efforts to improve health throughout UC and beyond.
Known as the "Avocado Queen," Mary Lu Arpaia leads the avocado breeding program at UC Riverside. Her task: build a better avocado, enhance avocado consumption in the U.S. and help sustain the California avocado industry.
This Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory scientist moonlights as one of Wikipedia's most prolific illustrators.