Pursuant to the vote at the University of California Board of Regents meeting in May, Regent John A. Pérez has been elected board chair for 2019-20, effective July 1.
“I am honored to serve as chair of the board and continue advocating for our students and their families, in addition to the UC community at large,” said Chair Pérez. “I look forward to working closely with my fellow board members to continue UC’s tripartite mission of education, research and public service, while giving our students the tools and resources they need for success at UC and beyond.”
Regent Cecilia V. Estolano was named vice chair.
Continuing and incoming chairs for the board’s committees have also been appointed:
- Regent Anguiano, chair of the Academic and Student Affairs Committee
- Regent Elliott, chair of the Compliance and Audit Committee
- Regent Lansing, chair of the Health Services Committee
- Regent Leib, chair of the Public Engagement and Development Committee
- Regent Makarechian, chair of the Finance and Capital Strategies Committee
- Regent Sherman, chair of the Investments Committee
- Regent Zettel, chair of the National Laboratories Committee
Members of the Board of Regents are volunteers and serve without compensation. For more information, please see: https://regents.universityofcalifornia.edu/.