UC Office of the President
September 18, 2019
UC President Janet Napolitano announced today (Sept. 18) at the UC Board of Regents meeting that she will step down in August 2020 after seven years of leading California’s preeminent public university system.
In the News
November 12, 2019
DACA has been a huge benefit to students, communities and America, and fits with our legacy of protecting the vulnerable. The case to end it is flimsy, UC leaders write.
San Francisco Chronicle
November 8, 2019
DACA students are more likely to attend college, earn a degree, be employed and serve in the military, writes UC Board of Regents Chair John A. Pérez.
November 8, 2019
“What the Supreme Court does has a real human impact,” says UC President Janet Napolitano.
- The mystery of Easter Island revealed?
- Atmospheric river storms create $1 billion-a-year flood damage
- Bringing sea otters back to San Francisco Bay
- Outlook for the polar regions in a world that's 2 degrees warmer
- Divided GOP and Dems stand, united they worry in 2020
- Have you found meaning in life? Your answer influences your health and well-being
- Drugs that quell brain inflammation reverse dementia
- Limited eating times could be a new way to fight obesity and diabetes
- Political hashtags like #MeToo and #BlackLivesMatter make people less likely to believe the news
- Comedian Maz Jobrani on noticing the good in his life
- Toward a “head-to-toe” health check from a single blood test
- Many pregnancies are shorter as climate change causes more 90-degree days
- 46 UC researchers named fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- How gratitude can help you bounce back from setbacks
- If dogs could talk
- Planning a trip abroad? Before you pack, check the air pollution levels
- Nursing the streets
- Believe it or not, you have a really good sense of direction
- How to have better conversations with friends, family — or anyone
- Shedding a new light on Egyptian mummies
November 21, 2019
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, a woman and minority-owned executive search firm, has been selected to help identify candidates and facilitate a global search for a new president of the University of California.
November 12, 2019
Today is the culmination of a two-year journey for the University of California, its undocumented students and the nation, as the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments in UC’s lawsuit against the Trump administration over its attempts to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
November 10, 2019
University of California President Janet Napolitano and UC Health’s Executive Vice President Dr. Carrie Byington issued a statement today (Nov. 10) following the passing of Bernard J. Tyson, CEO and chair of Kaiser Permanente.
November 7, 2019
While firefighters battle raging wildfires in Northern and Southern California, the University of California is finding lifesaving solutions to stem the growing threat of fire by harnessing cutting-edge technologies to meet the state’s frightening new reality.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.