UC and Reach Higher will host former first lady Michelle Obama’s 5th anniversary College Signing Day celebration on May 1
UC Office of the President
March 5, 2019
First College Signing Day event hosted by Reach Higher on the West Coast; festivities to be held at UC’s nine undergraduate campuses with marquee event at UCLA.
In the News
University of California Facebook
May 1, 2019
Join Michelle Obama, UC and a host of A-list celebrities, athletes and other performers TODAY, May 1 at 11:15 a.m. PST on our Facebook livestream as we celebrate students committing to college!
Los Angeles Times
March 6, 2019
The former first lady's 5th annual national College Signing Day event will be held on the West Coast for the first time.
San Francisco Chronicle
February 27, 2019
The director of the Food Labor Research Center at UC Berkeley is a nominee for the Chronicle's Visionary of the Year award.
- What do dating technology and Alzheimer's have in common?
- Nicotine exposure in newborns alters neurons, predisposes brain to addiction
- Lack of sleep shrinks men's testicles?
- Cyber Shakespeare
- UC Merced student pays tribute to her farmworker parents in a viral photo
- UC is now the No. 1 university in the country for renewable electricity
- UC reserve system grows to include Point Reyes, Mount Lassen
- Top graduating senior an aspiring Elon Musk — minus the tweeting
- These psychiatrists bring mental health care to those who need it most
- UC president recognizes students for outstanding leadership
- How has #MeToo changed the way we live?
- Preparing to care for the Baby Boomer wave that’s coming
- Students wow with science and solutions at 5th annual Grad Slam
- Taking the border crisis to heart
- ADHD: Could dogs be the answer?
- At annual grad research contest, students compete to keep it simple
- Cool Campus Challenge winners announced
- To boldly go or anxiously hang back?
- Study busts myths about gossip
- Michelle Obama, celebrities, cheer college-bound students for the journey ahead
May 16, 2019
A national search will commence for the next visionary to lead the University of California, Merced, following Chancellor Dorothy Leland announcement today (May 16) that she will retire from the system’s youngest campus at the end of the current academic year.
May 16, 2019
The University of California Board of Regents approved today (May 16) Dr. Cynthia K. Larive as the eleventh chancellor of UC Santa Cruz. Currently the provost and executive vice chancellor at UC Riverside, Larive has served the UC community for nearly a decade and a half as a faculty member, administrator and leader.
May 9, 2019
University of California President Janet Napolitano issued a statement today on the May Revise.
May 6, 2019
Twenty-two thousand students, staff and faculty from across all 10 University of California campus locations and the University of California Office of the President participated in a month-long competition that resulted in over 21,650,000 pounds of carbon dioxide saved.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.