UC Office of the President
September 18, 2019
UC President Janet Napolitano announced today (Sept. 18) at the UC Board of Regents meeting that she will step down in August 2020 after seven years of leading California’s preeminent public university system.
In the News
October 4, 2019
UC is taking its fight to protect the nation’s DACA recipients to the Supreme Court this November. Learn more about the case and how you can stand with us.
September 23, 2019
A UC San Diego alum is a practicing attorney because of the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
Association of Medical Colleges
September 17, 2019
Nearly 200 undocumented students and residents are training in U.S. medical schools and teaching hospitals.
- Human Rights Lab trains students to investigate wrongdoing
- Reversing polycystic kidney disease
- From a life in poverty to a career in medicine, thanks to DACA
- Trailblazing astronomer Margaret Burbidge turns 100 years old
- Our energy grid is vulnerable. Locally sourced power may be the answer.
- Using stimulants to cram for exams ruins sleep and doesn't help test scores
- A new use for Viagra
- A wealth of knowledge about debt
- UC San Diego alum fulfills lifelong dream of going to space
- What’s in a name? How the concepts of Hispanic and Latino identity emerged
- Research to focus on small molecule that can help fight breast cancer
- UC está con los Soñadores
- UC stands with DACA recipients
- Cooking food alters the microbiome
- A breath test for opioids
- Youth activism is on the rise
- Everyone stumbles. The trick is getting back up.
- How garbage from landfills is advancing UC's clean energy future
- Dyslexia, other learning challenges are focus of new $20M initiative
- Why Greta Thunberg is so powerful
October 4, 2019
On September 27, 2019, the Regents of the University of California filed a brief in the U.S. Supreme Court challenging the Trump administration’s decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy. Since then, hundreds of corporations, national security experts, colleges and universities, and members of Congress, among others, have filed amicus, or “friend of the court,” briefs in support of DACA.
September 27, 2019
The University of California today filed a brief in the Supreme Court challenging the Trump administration’s decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
September 24, 2019
The University of California’s Office of the President and the Office of the Chief Investment Officer are seeking applicants from UC students and postdoctoral fellows to attend an invitation-only week of lectures and small seminars with Nobel laureates in Lindau, Germany.
September 24, 2019
The University of California and the Blackstone Charitable Foundation announced today (Sept. 24) the expansion of an exciting program that will equip students with more tools and resources to take their entrepreneurship and innovation to the next level.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.