UC Office of the President
January 9, 2018
The University of California issued a statement today (Jan. 9) following the federal district court’s decision on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
In the News
May 22, 2018
A new report shows that most colleges are failing when it comes to graduating low-income students, but the UC system is an exception.
May 10, 2018
How UC Merced undergrads are solving real-life problems, from BART escalators to the disappearing monarch butterfly.
May 10, 2018
9 of UC's most compelling speakers, from Alfred Hitchcock to Michelle Obama.
- Did your great-great grandpa eat bugs?
- New app tells hearing-impaired parents when and why their baby is crying
- Yanny vs. Laurel: The science is in
- Biologists ‘transfer’ a memory between snails
- ‘Star Wars’ cinematographer talks race and Hollywood
- Digitizing Thomas Edison's record label
- Soda found to be uniquely harmful
- 6 tips for landing that first post-college job
- Perseverance, leadership key themes of campus’ spring commencement
- UC to defend DACA at U.S. Court of Appeals
- To support deported vets, Alfredo Figueroa ‘leads with his heart’
- Aditi Mayer: The future of ethical fashion
- Living in better neighborhood may protect health of kids in poverty
- A hangover pill? Tests on drunk mice show promise
- Grad student's passion for Prince fuels research
- UC grad students bring ingenuity to the fore at Grad Slam
- A drug lord and the world’s largest invasive animal
- Be one in a million: Massive $1.5B precision medicine research effort kicks off
- UC students pay it forward for the next generation
- Frances McDormand headlines performance that sparks dialogue on sudden death
April 26, 2018
The University of California announced today (April 26) that it will not take up the issue of an in-state tuition increase at the May meeting of the UC Board of Regents and will continue to advocate for full state funding of the university.
April 25, 2018
The University of California issued a statement regarding the federal court ruling on DACA.
April 11, 2018
The University of California and the California Community Colleges today (April 11) announced they have signed a joint agreement aimed at increasing the number of academically prepared community college students who transfer to UC and earn a bachelor’s degree.
April 3, 2018
University of California President Janet Napolitano issued the following statement today (April 3) on the passing of UC Regent Bonnie Reiss.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.
Youth voices in urban agriculture
As part of the UC Global Food Initiative, the UC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program teamed up with urban farms and gardens in the Bay Area to hear about youth experiences at these places and better understand the challenges of maintaining an urban garden.