UC Office of the President
January 9, 2018
The University of California issued a statement today (Jan. 9) following the federal district court’s decision on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
In the News
April 19, 2018
How UC research sounded the alarm on the ozone layer.
April 10, 2018
How Ernest O. Lawrence looked inside the atom — and beyond.
The Sacramento Bee
March 29, 2018
UC Davis grad student Telha Rehman has carried his family's legacy into research that could change the world.
- Football scuffles, auto injuries may raise risk for Parkinson’s
- UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute receives funding for Human Cell Atlas projects
- California dreaming
- UCLA study reports nearly 1 in 3 California kids have a sugary drink daily
- For hummingbirds looking for mates, it's all about the right approach
- The end of the breathalyzer?
- UC system offers the best value, says Forbes
- Overeating? It may be a brain glitch
- Saving the wild horses of the Channel Islands
- Research links anti-immigrant prejudice to mortality risk
- A safer, better plastic
- How ‘junk’ DNA plays a role in cancer
- A singular story
- Meditation's lasting power
- An invisibility cloak in real life
- Sure, cancer mutates, but it has other ways to resist treatment
- Pop-up institutes help medical research advance quickly, cheaply
- Poor grades are tied to mismatched class times, study says
- Imagining a world without prisons
- Abused as a puppy, UC Berkeley’s new police dog finds second life on campus
April 11, 2018
The University of California and the California Community Colleges today (April 11) announced they have signed a joint agreement aimed at increasing the number of academically prepared community college students who transfer to UC and earn a bachelor’s degree.
April 3, 2018
University of California President Janet Napolitano issued the following statement today (April 3) on the passing of UC Regent Bonnie Reiss.
April 2, 2018
University of California medical centers — UCLA Health, UCSF Health and UC Irvine Health — have been awarded a five-year, $8 million award from the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute to develop more effective approaches in advance care planning for seriously ill patients in primary care clinics, UC announced today (April 2).
March 26, 2018
Nine University of California inventors and innovators have been selected to become National Academy of Inventors (NAI) fellows, in recognition of their pioneering research with significant societal impacts.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.
Youth voices in urban agriculture
As part of the UC Global Food Initiative, the UC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program teamed up with urban farms and gardens in the Bay Area to hear about youth experiences at these places and better understand the challenges of maintaining an urban garden.