UC and Reach Higher will host former first lady Michelle Obama’s 5th anniversary College Signing Day celebration on May 1
UC Office of the President
March 5, 2019
First College Signing Day event hosted by Reach Higher on the West Coast; festivities to be held at UC’s nine undergraduate campuses with marquee event at UCLA.
In the News
Los Angeles Times
March 6, 2019
The former first lady's 5th annual national College Signing Day event will be held on the West Coast for the first time.
San Francisco Chronicle
February 27, 2019
The director of the Food Labor Research Center at UC Berkeley is a nominee for the Chronicle's Visionary of the Year award.
- A jubilant send-off for UCLA's Miss Val
- YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki shares her tips and tricks
- Local extinction of Southern California mountain lions possible within 50 years
- What’s in your drinking water?
- Regaining sight
- UC grad students pitch solutions in Sacramento
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek and Jim Morrison as college students, preserved on film
- New project aims to predict people likely to use firearms in suicides
- The parallels of female power in ancient Egypt and modern times
- Thinking about graduate school? UC programs top US News 2020 rankings
- Dragging? Blame the ‘time pollution’ of springing forward
- Dementia looks different in brains of Latinos
- UC and Michelle Obama to cheer on California’s college-bound students
- An easy life hack to make weekends more refreshing
- Why UC split with publishing giant Elsevier
- Warm seas scatter fish
- UC Irvine, UC Riverside scientists identify a new world for hackers
- 4 reasons the future will rely on humanities majors
- Why cities should stop playing Amazon’s game and quit offering companies tax incentives
- Google translates doctor's orders into Spanish and Chinese — with a few important caveats
March 21, 2019
University of California President Janet Napolitano issued the following statement today on the White House’s executive order tying free speech protections to federal funding for colleges and universities nationwide.
March 13, 2019
UC President Janet Napolitano issued a statement today (March 13) regarding the nationwide investigation of college admissions.
March 6, 2019
The University of California will hold in-state undergraduate tuition steady for the 2019-20 academic year, UC President Janet Napolitano announced today (March 6) at a Sacramento hearing on education finance. This marks the seventh time in eight years that the university has kept tuition flat for California residents, despite rising costs and growing enrollment across all UC campuses.
March 4, 2019
The University of California Office of the President issued a statement today (March 4) regarding President Trump's announcement of a possible executive order mandating that colleges allow free speech on their campuses or lose critical federal research funding.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.