All UC campuses use the same undergraduate application.
UC’s medical centers provide broad access to top-ranked specialized care, support clinical teaching programs, and develop new therapies. For news about UC breakthroughs and health initiatives, visit UC Health.
UC medical centers provided $486 million in unreimbursed and charity care last year.
Agriculture and Natural Resources
UC’s statewide network of researchers and educators is focused on delivering science-based solutions for priority problems in California agriculture, natural resources and human development. Read the latest UC ANR news.
- 4-H Youth Development Program
- Agricultural Issues Center
- California Institute for Water Resources
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program
- Integrated Pest Management Program
- Master Gardener Program
- Nutrition Policy Institute
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- UC Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources
UC’s Cooperative Extension has agriculture, natural resource, nutrition and youth development advisors based in more than 50 county offices in California.
The Office of the President is the headquarters for the University of California.
Led by UC President Michael V. Drake, M.D., the Office of the President plays a distinct role in helping to shape the overall vision for the university and in carrying out core activities that allow the 10 campuses to function as a single university.
UC partners closely with California’s K-12 schools and community colleges to help prepare students and high-quality teachers.
MESA and Puente participants pass the California High School Exit Exam at much higher rates than other students. See more results
UC operates billion-dollar, multidisciplinary research centers that leverage public investments to address society’s most critical issues and explore our world.
California Institutes for Science and Innovation
- California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences
- California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology
- California Nanosystems Institute
- Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society
Multicampus Research Programs
- California Advanced Solar Technologies
- Collaborative Research for an Equitable California
- Hydrology and Climate Research Group
- UC Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation
- UC Institute for Prediction Technology
- UC Institute of Transportation Studies
Systemwide Research Programs
UC research produced 1,727 inventions in 2014 — an average of almost five each day.
UC’s continuing education programs support thousands of Californians in reaching their professional goals.
- California Subject Matter Project
- CalTeach (UC Science and Math Initiative)
- Edward Teller Education Center
- Principal Leadership Institutes (Berkeley Principal Leadership Institute | UCLA Principal Leadership Institute)
For the legal profession:
For the medical profession:
Adult learners take nearly 300,000 courses each year through UC Extension.