December 4, 2014
As the majestic birds return from the brink of extinction, the threat of lead poisoning persists, particularly for older, more independent condors.
In the News
New America Media
December 19, 2014
Q&A with UC President Napolitano addresses 'what it takes to run the kind of public university system that California has historically had and what it will take in the future.'
New York Times
December 16, 2014
With little oversight, Chinese manufacturers are expected to ship more than 300 million e-cigarettes this year to the U.S. and Europe.
December 15, 2014
$5 million has been allocated for the public alert system in a major spending bill approved by Congress.
- Research you've got to talk about
- White House ratings to change conversation about higher education
- Napolitano appointed to Goldman School faculty
- All UC medical centers designated as Ebola treatment centers
- UC campuses dominate 'best value' list
- Lens-free microscope detects cancer at the cellular level
- Changing trends in gun violence
- What makes ancient Roman concrete so tough?
- Social media-behavioral psychology combo points to more HIV testing
- Grad student helps people in Bangalore know when the next drop of water will come
- Grant aims to increase faculty diversity
- Astronomers' cosmic web discovery among top breakthroughs of 2014
- Food luminaries to light up spring semester
- When birds lost their teeth
- New plant breeding academy graduates to improve Africa’s ‘orphan’ crops
- Air pollution down thanks to diesel truck regulation
- Student entrepreneurs find success with smart earplugs
- Obese children’s brains respond more to sugar
- Discover Magazine features archaeologist’s cave research
- Muralist's memorabilia heads to Smithsonian
December 15, 2014
UC Davis senior Ren Bautista's entry was selected from among 19 submissions from five UC campuses.
December 11, 2014
Preliminary data collected from the application cycle that closed Nov. 30 show that 193,873 students applied for admission to at least one of the nine undergraduate UC campuses.
December 10, 2014
The awards will channel $10 million over three years to fund research in areas of strategic importance, such as sustainability and climate, food and nutrition, equity and social justice, education innovation, and health care.
December 9, 2014
Fellowships will fund student-generated research, related projects or internships that focus on food issues.
English professor Scott Saul discusses his new book, 'Becoming Richard Pryor' — a richly researched biography about the comedian that's accompanied by a website, “Richard Pryor’s Peoria,” which presents more than 200 photographs and documents from Pryor’s first two decades in Peoria, Ill.
The UCR Community Gardens provide a space to educate, engage, inspire and feed the campus and local community.
You may have Grandma’s recipe for the perfect crust, but do you really know what goes on at the molecular level? UCLA biophysicist Amy Rowat shares some of the scientific aspects of apple pie and explains how you can apply these insights in the kitchen.
Psychologist Dacher Keltner from UC Berkeley seeks to better understand why people evolved pro-social emotions like empathy, compassion and gratitude.