These tables present information on UC’s Applicants, Admits, and Enrollees. Freshman applicant counts are presented for fall and transfer counts are presented for the full academic year. Mean high school and transfer GPA are presented for freshman and transfer applicants, admits, and enrollees respectively by source school.
- For data download instructions, click on the following link: http://universityofcalifornia.edu/sites/default/files/infocenter-pdf/data-download-instructions.pdf
The universitywide applicant and admit counts are unduplicated. UC Merced opened in 2005, so there is no data prior to 2005 for this campus.
- Applicants – Students who make a formal application to attend the University of California.
- Admits – Students who have been made a formal offer of admission to attend the University of California.
- Enrollees – Students who have accepted an offer of admission and are enrolled at the University of California.
- CA Public High School – Public high schools in California, including charter schools
- CA Private High School – Private high schools in California
- Non-CA Domestic High School – Domestic high schools outside California
- Foreign Institution – High schools outside the U.S.
- California public 2-year college – California Community Colleges
- California public 4-year college (CSU) – California State University campuses
- California private 4-year college – Private 4-year colleges and universities in California
- University of California – University of California campuses
- Average GPA –
For freshmen: Average GPA is calculated based on high school grade point average of students from the same school. GPAs used for this analysis are weighted, capped high school GPAs for 10th/11th grade college preparatory courses where extra points up to 8 semesters, no more than 4 in the 10th grade are added to the GPA. See https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/admission-requirements/freshman-requirements/gpa-requirement.html.
For transfers: Average GPA is calculated based on transfer grade point average for students from the same college. GPAs are for all courses transferable to UC. See https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/admission-requirements/transfer-requirements/preparing-to-transfer/transfer-gpa.html.