UC Office of the President
November 16, 2018
University of California’s Interim Systemwide Title IX Coordinator Suzanne Taylor issued a statement today (November 16, 2018), following the U.S. Department of Education’s announcement of proposed federal changes to Title IX policy, which will affect how schools handle cases of sexual harassment, including sexual violence.
In the News
The Washington Post
November 9, 2018
The result is favorable to 800,000 DACA recipients and to the University of California suit challenging the program's rescission.
September 5, 2018
Progress in ending the gender pay gap has been excruciatingly slow, writes UC President Janet Napolitano. But here's what we can do.
August 29, 2018
UC President Janet Napolitano shares five major tips on navigating political life.
- Gratitude is good — even if it doesn’t always feel like it
- Calling all UC innovators
- Q&A: How to protect yourself from wildfire smoke
- Minority homebuyers face widespread statistical lending discrimination
- All hands on deck at UC Davis for the Camp Fire
- The Vietnam War from another angle
- Blood test ‘biopsy’ for kids with brain tumors is simple, safe way to see if treatment Is working
- Oceans have absorbed 60 percent more heat than previously thought
- Sophomore named to Teen Vogue’s ‘21 Under 21’ for trailblazing film about gender identity
- Chronically anxious? Deep sleep may take the edge off
- Her dream? To call the US home
- How to stay healthy and happy through the decades
- Political science personified
- Can Americans trust elections?
- Ruth is Truth
- How rants on social media can come back to haunt you
- Will changing how we vote change who votes?
- Tetris: It could be the salve for a worried mind
- Adequate consumption of ‘longevity’ vitamins could prolong healthy aging
- Students: Win money, mentorship and support for your Big Idea
November 16, 2018
The University of California today (Nov. 16) launched the third annual UC Entrepreneur Pitch Competition, a systemwide effort to connect new and veteran UC entrepreneurs with coaching, resources and exposure to a network of investors to advance and scale their startups.
November 8, 2018
The University of California applauds today’s decision by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that keeps in place the injunction preventing the Department of Homeland Security from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
October 26, 2018
University of California President Janet Napolitano today (Oct. 26) announced the formation of an advisory committee of university faculty, staff, students, alumni and foundation representatives to help in the international search for a new chancellor to lead UC Santa Cruz. Board of Regents Chair George Kieffer also appointed five regents to serve on the committee.
October 12, 2018
The University of California Advocacy Network (UCAN) is seeking student ambassadors to champion UC’s teaching, research and public service missions while serving as liaisons between their campus and Sacramento.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.