UC Office of the President
November 16, 2018
University of California’s Interim Systemwide Title IX Coordinator Suzanne Taylor issued a statement today (November 16, 2018), following the U.S. Department of Education’s announcement of proposed federal changes to Title IX policy, which will affect how schools handle cases of sexual harassment, including sexual violence.
In the News
The Washington Post
December 4, 2018
Colleges and universities cannot waver on doing what’s right.
University of California Admissions
November 29, 2018
REMINDER: The UC application deadline is 11:59 p.m. PST, Nov. 30! To apply online, click here.
The Washington Post
November 9, 2018
The result is favorable to 800,000 DACA recipients and to the University of California suit challenging the program's rescission.
- Tiny birds, tiny tech
- UC Santa Barbara's new coastal jewel
- The UC Santa Cruz alumna who leads Mexico's anti-corruption efforts
- Technology startup founded by UC Santa Barbara grads wins first place at the 2018 UC Startup Showcase
- How to support a friend facing a medical crisis
- Proposed changes to immigration laws would cost California jobs, harm public health
- UC Merced is ‘University of the Year’
- What’s so controversial about the first gene-edited babies? Experts explain
- Detecting cancer's ability to spread
- Prenatal exposure to chemicals in personal care products may speed puberty in girls
- Racial bias taints neighborhoods — and residents, research reveals
- Hang in there. As couples age, humor replaces bickering
- Can space help us understand our cells?
- So cute you could crush it?
- Brain signature of depressed mood unveiled in new study
- The one low-tech fix for teens' sleep problems
- Tiny desk, huge accomplishments – and his own bed
- UC Santa Cruz receives significant Hunter S. Thompson collection
- UCLA cell study reveals how head injuries lead to serious brain diseases
- How to develop your profound voice
November 16, 2018
The University of California today (Nov. 16) launched the third annual UC Entrepreneur Pitch Competition, a systemwide effort to connect new and veteran UC entrepreneurs with coaching, resources and exposure to a network of investors to advance and scale their startups.
November 8, 2018
The University of California applauds today’s decision by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that keeps in place the injunction preventing the Department of Homeland Security from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
October 26, 2018
University of California President Janet Napolitano today (Oct. 26) announced the formation of an advisory committee of university faculty, staff, students, alumni and foundation representatives to help in the international search for a new chancellor to lead UC Santa Cruz. Board of Regents Chair George Kieffer also appointed five regents to serve on the committee.
October 12, 2018
The University of California Advocacy Network (UCAN) is seeking student ambassadors to champion UC’s teaching, research and public service missions while serving as liaisons between their campus and Sacramento.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.