UC and Reach Higher will host former first lady Michelle Obama’s 5th anniversary College Signing Day celebration on May 1
UC Office of the President
March 5, 2019
First College Signing Day event hosted by Reach Higher on the West Coast; festivities to be held at UC’s nine undergraduate campuses with marquee event at UCLA.
In the News
Los Angeles Times
March 6, 2019
The former first lady's 5th annual national College Signing Day event will be held on the West Coast for the first time.
San Francisco Chronicle
February 27, 2019
The director of the Food Labor Research Center at UC Berkeley is a nominee for the Chronicle's Visionary of the Year award.
- Medicaid could save $2.6 billion within a year if just 1 percent of recipients quit smoking
- Usurp the burp: How seaweed can help curb cow burps (and their emissions)
- Media exposure to mass violence can fuel cycle of distress, study shows
- UC professor, alum win Pulitzers for work grounded in black perspectives
- Heat waves in California can be predicted by thunderstorms in the tropics
- Being 'Other' in America
- Winter is coming: A new scientific device creates electricity from falling snow
- American parents (still) prefer boys — and it's hurting their daughters' test scores
- Opioid addiction treatments exist, but too few people are able to prescribe them
- The ‘bee safe’ pesticide that isn’t
- Air pollution impacts childhood development, study shows
- Post-Elsevier breakup, new publishing agreement ‘a win for everyone’
- This computer scientist beats hackers at their own game
- Hugs, screams and tears of joy as thousands of high school students learn they're admitted to UC
- New center to address immigration policy debates in real time
- How to engage in difficult but respectful dialogue
- 66 million-year-old deathbed linked to dinosaur-killing meteor
- How peer pressure is helping get kids to college
- Researcher finds dangerous levels of metals in liquor sold in Uganda
- Study finds nearly a third of cat owners use food puzzles
April 18, 2019
The University of California is continuing to expand its innovative online tool to help students better track their progress toward college eligibility. Hundreds of Morse High School students are among the latest to have access to UC’s Transcript Evaluation Service (TES), UC President Janet Napolitano announced today (April 18) during a rally at the school.
March 28, 2019
The University of California and the University Council-American Federation of Teachers (UC-AFT) have reached a tentative agreement on a new five-year contract that reflects the important role librarians play in UC’s academic and research missions, UC announced today (March 28).
March 21, 2019
University of California President Janet Napolitano issued the following statement today on the White House’s executive order tying free speech protections to federal funding for colleges and universities nationwide.
March 13, 2019
UC President Janet Napolitano issued a statement today (March 13) regarding the nationwide investigation of college admissions.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.