UC and Reach Higher will host former first lady Michelle Obama’s 5th anniversary College Signing Day celebration on May 1
UC Office of the President
March 5, 2019
First College Signing Day event hosted by Reach Higher on the West Coast; festivities to be held at UC’s nine undergraduate campuses with marquee event at UCLA.
- Diplomas that would not be denied
- New grads who took the path less traveled
- Seven UC early-career faculty and researchers named Pew Scholars
- How to make your kid like broccoli
- Activist, entrepreneur duo ready to throw the ‘pink tax’ overboard
- New study finds microplastic throughout Monterey Bay
- Want to meditate more effectively? Try algorithms
- UC Berkeley's Alex Morgan the standard bearer for women as World Cup opens
- Defying the odds: From foster care to cap and gown
- UC Virtual Career Series: Bringing your authentic LGBTQ self to work
- What's in a name?
- Number of young people facing poverty has increased over last decade
- Midday naps increase children's happiness and IQ
- The economy may be weaker than it looks
- Nanotechnology treatment shows promise against multiple sclerosis
- Small towns, big flood waters
- White meat is no better for cholesterol, new study says
- Welcome to Disneyland
- As bumblebee diets narrow, ours could too
- Synthetic version of CBD treats seizures in rats
June 5, 2019
The Trump administration dealt a blow today to scientific discovery and medical advancement. Fetal tissue research has helped find cures for millions of Americans who suffer from debilitating diseases, while improving the quality of life for others.
June 4, 2019
The University of California applauds the House of Representatives for passage of the American Dream and Promise Act and urges the U.S. Senate to swiftly take up the legislation and send it to the president for his signature.
May 29, 2019
A University of California Board of Regents’ special committee has nominated Jamaal Muwwakkil, a UC Santa Barbara doctoral student in linguistics, to be the 2020-21 student regent, UC announced today (May 29).
May 16, 2019
A national search will commence for the next visionary to lead the University of California, Merced, following Chancellor Dorothy Leland announcement today (May 16) that she will retire from the system’s youngest campus at the end of the current academic year.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.