UC Office of the President
September 18, 2019
UC President Janet Napolitano announced today (Sept. 18) at the UC Board of Regents meeting that she will step down in August 2020 after seven years of leading California’s preeminent public university system.
In the News
November 12, 2019
DACA has been a huge benefit to students, communities and America, and fits with our legacy of protecting the vulnerable. The case to end it is flimsy, UC leaders write.
November 8, 2019
“What the Supreme Court does has a real human impact,” says UC President Janet Napolitano.
San Francisco Chronicle
November 8, 2019
DACA students are more likely to attend college, earn a degree, be employed and serve in the military, writes UC Board of Regents Chair John A. Pérez.
- As Supreme Court takes up DACA, UC students rally in support
- ‘Our futures are being tossed like a coin’
- Former Navy jet tech takes student veterans under her wing
- Nutritional supplements significantly reduce child deaths
- UC takes DACA fight to the Supreme Court
- Anorexia nervosa comes in all sizes — including plus size
- UC Santa Cruz joins Association of American Universities
- 10 tips for creating a meaningful second career
- Three University of California physician organizations awarded top marks on quality, patient experience and cost
- Seeing the cosmos in color for the first time
- Body image concerns are universal
- UCSF banned sugar-sweetened drink sales. Here's what happened
- Dogs put smelling skills to use in protecting endangered lizards
- Widely used health care prediction algorithm biased against black people
- In his quest to serve patients, ‘The only thing hindering me is my status’
- Lo and behold: The internet
- Improving indoor air quality during wildfires
- UC Davis grad student yearns to give back to the place she calls home
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg visits campus, inaugurates new lecture series
- Is the future alternative meats?
November 12, 2019
Today is the culmination of a two-year journey for the University of California, its undocumented students and the nation, as the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments in UC’s lawsuit against the Trump administration over its attempts to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
November 10, 2019
University of California President Janet Napolitano and UC Health’s Executive Vice President Dr. Carrie Byington issued a statement today (Nov. 10) following the passing of Bernard J. Tyson, CEO and chair of Kaiser Permanente.
November 7, 2019
While firefighters battle raging wildfires in Northern and Southern California, the University of California is finding lifesaving solutions to stem the growing threat of fire by harnessing cutting-edge technologies to meet the state’s frightening new reality.
November 5, 2019
University of California President Janet Napolitano issued the following statement today (Nov. 5) following the Trump administration’s decision to withdraw the United States from the landmark Paris climate agreement:
It is the bitterest of ironies that the White House announces its plan to abandon the global coalition confronting the planet’s greatest existential threat as climate-change fueled wildfires ravage California.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.