UC Office of the President
July 11, 2018
The University of California announced today (July 11) that it has offered nearly 137,000 students a spot on at least one of its nine undergraduate campuses this fall, including more than 28,750 transfer applicants, the highest number in the history of the university.
In the News
September 5, 2018
Progress in ending the gender pay gap has been excruciatingly slow, writes UC President Janet Napolitano. But here's what we can do.
August 29, 2018
UC President Janet Napolitano shares five major tips on navigating political life.
August 15, 2018
Why the UC system keeps dominating the rankings when it comes to affordability and quality of education.
- It’s your future. Have a say in it.
- Innovative ideation challenge aims to catalyze new direction in breast cancer research
- Among body shapes, pears are healthier than apples
- Sniffing out sharks
- California's first ‘active learning’ building opens at UC Irvine
- Regret is a gambler’s curse, scientists say
- More than skin deep: How environment, diet and social experiences affect health
- UCLA students launch project that’s out of this world
- Kindness: An unsung climate change tool
- What kind of person donates a kidney to a stranger?
- Time-restricted eating can overcome the bad effects of faulty genes and unhealthy diet
- A new spinal cord injury treatment is getting patients back on their feet
- UC campuses rise to the top in new US News & World Report rankings
- New antibiotics that work
- Science of happiness moves to the workplace
- Climate summit puts California, UC in the spotlight
- Cracking the sugar code: Why the ‘glycome’ is the next big thing in health and medicine
- Anatomy of fake news
- ‘Things can change a lot faster than you think,’ says Margaret Atwood, author of ‘The Handmaid's Tale’
- Finding Ebola before it finds you
September 18, 2018
University of California President Janet Napolitano today (Sept. 18) issued a statement on the announcement of Chancellor Blumenthal's retirement:
September 11, 2018
The University of California is celebrating the addition of five new schools to the University Climate Change Coalition (UC3), now a network of 18 leading research institutions in North America dedicated to pursuing effective, practical climate change solutions.
September 4, 2018
The University of California today (Sept. 4) announced a bold expansion of its systemwide sustainability goals as part of its Carbon Neutrality Initiative and leadership on climate change efforts.
August 27, 2018
The University of California has reached a four-year contract with the United Auto Workers concerning UC’s academic student employees, recognizing their significant contributions to the university’s teaching mission and undergraduate education.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.