Statement from UC Board of Regents Chair Pérez and UC President Napolitano on Gov. Newsom’s budget plan
UC Office of the President and UC Board of Regents
January 10, 2020
UC Board of Regents Chair John A. Pérez and UC President Janet Napolitano today (January 10) issued a statement on Gov. Newsom’s budget plan.
In the News
February 12, 2020
Students worry about a proposed 55 percent hike to DACA renewal fees.
High Country News
January 13, 2020
From a campus legal clinic all the way to the Supreme Court, UC stands up for Dreamers.
January 9, 2020
This California teenager awaits a ruling that could decide her mother’s future.
- An improved implant
- UCLA receives Stradivarius, Seraphin violins from Twiford Foundation
- Breakthrough virus simulations tackle the flu
- New 'Babies' series on Netflix features UC Merced professor
- Tips for tackling the ballot
- Welcome to the world, baby dragons
- California surgeon general aims to cut adverse childhood experiences by half
- All along the pipeline, men promote men
- Scientists discover switch that controls chronic inflammation and aging
- A legal warrior for UC students: Q&A with attorney Rachel Ray
- Heading off an ‘election meltdown’
- Predicting autism risk may begin with a drop of blood
- 20 stellar scientists and scholars win 2020 Sloan Research fellowships
- Taking a stand against prolonged sitting
- Find social media frustrating? Try empathy
- Coronavirus outbreak raises question: Why are bat viruses so deadly?
- How the discovery of a racist speech led to the denaming of Berkeley’s Boalt Hall
- UCLA developing policy to phase out single-use plastics
- Most comprehensive study of whole cancer genomes completed
- Agricultural area residents in danger of inhaling toxic aerosols
February 21, 2020
University of California President Janet Napolitano issued a statement today (Feb. 21) following her invitation to UC’s Graduate and Professional Council to meet and discuss graduate academic and professional students’ concerns.
February 3, 2020
The University of California Office of the President issued a statement today (Feb. 3) on the report by the UC Academic Council’s Standardized Testing Task Force (STTF).
January 28, 2020
The University of California today (Jan. 28) announced tentative four-year agreements with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) union representing UC’s approximately 16,000 patient care and 10,000 service workers.
January 21, 2020
In a testament to the University of California’s continuing commitment to making higher education accessible to more Californians, enrollment of in-state undergraduates rose for the fourth consecutive year in fall 2019.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.