UC Office of the President
June 18, 2020
On behalf of the 650,000 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients currently living in the United States, the University of California applauds the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to strike down the Trump administration’s arbitrary attempt to end a program that allowed immigrants brought to the U.S. as children to live and work in the country they know as home.
- Professor Tracey Osborne taking on complex, grand challenges in climate and social justice
- Can dogs detect COVID-19?
- How we sleep today may forecast when Alzheimer’s disease begins
- Why getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever in 2020
- Ready to have a say in your future? Make sure you’re registered to vote.
- All nine UC undergraduate campuses rank among the nation’s top 40 public universities, top 100 of all schools
- First ‘plug and play’ brain prosthesis demonstrated in paralyzed person
- Black athletes and the fight for racial justice
- In the line of fire
- The marshmallow test, revisited
- Discovering an icon in plain sight
- COVID-19 may have been in Los Angeles as early as last December, UCLA-led study suggests
- UC shines in new rankings for social mobility, contributing to the public good
- COVID-19 vaccines are moving fast, but will Americans agree to get them?
- Race and class can color teachers’ digital expectations for their students — with white students getting more encouragement
- Chess is taking over the online video game world — and both are changing from this unlikely pairing
- As classes kick off, UC students and advisers share secrets to succeeding in an unprecedented year.
- Being a selfish jerk doesn’t get you ahead, research finds
- Extreme wildfires can create their own dangerous weather, including fire tornadoes — here's how
- What it takes to evacuate five seals, two dolphins and a sea lion
September 15, 2020
The University of California’s Office of the Chief Investment Officer (UC Investments) announced today (Sept. 15) that its assets under management grew to $140 billion as of August 31, 2020, a $10 billion jump from the end of the fiscal year on June 30, 2020. That represents a 47 percent increase since 2014.
September 11, 2020
Two University of California campuses will pilot the use of a smartphone technology to notify users if they have had a high-risk COVID-19 exposure that may result in infection.
September 4, 2020
University of California Health (UCH) hospitals across the state have been recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2020 Healthcare Equality Index (HEI).
August 24, 2020
University of California campuses are phasing out single-use plastics as part of a bold commitment to achieve zero waste, furthering its long-established, innovative sustainability efforts and goals. The new policy will transition UC away from plastic bags in retail and dining locations and eventually eliminate single-use plastic food service items and plastic bottles.
A message to the UC community from President Michael V. Drake, M.D.
As Michael V. Drake, M.D., assumes his new role as UC’s 21st president, he sends his greetings and gratitude to the entire university community.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.