UC Office of the President
July 11, 2018
The University of California announced today (July 11) that it has offered nearly 137,000 students a spot on at least one of its nine undergraduate campuses this fall, including more than 28,750 transfer applicants, the highest number in the history of the university.
In the News
July 10, 2018
The renewals come after a UC lawsuit against the Department of Homeland Security in Sept. 2017.
July 6, 2018
The first-generation UC Merced grad now leads Global Music and Youth Culture Communications for Instagram.
June 19, 2018
The UC president called Trump’s zero-tolerance policies ‘cruel’ and a ‘misallocation’ of resources.
- CRISPR reduces autism symptoms in mice
- Climate change is making it harder for couples to conceive
- How ride-hailing could improve public transportation instead of undercutting it
- How private prison companies are influencing immigration policy
- How to find truth in today’s partisan world
- UC keeps Los Alamos National Laboratory on cutting edge of science and research
- Staying safe in the sun – a dermatologist helps separate facts from hype
- Family travels 7,500 miles to save son’s life with treatment developed at UCLA
- Awards pour in for the ‘pope of foam’
- Ways to rally UC campuses for carbon neutrality
- Great immigrant, great American
- UC launches Million Light Bulb Challenge community buy program
- Still alive at 105
- UC faculty named 2018 Pew biomedical scholars and fellows
- Curing a deadly childhood disease, sharing her love of science, and a sleek ’68 Corvette drive this biochemist
- New website amplifies refugee voices amid immigration crackdowns
- Microchips can permanently link patients with clinical samples
- Grad student discovers first known manta ray nursery
- The unbearable sensation of being
- Spiders vs. scorpions
July 6, 2018
A lawsuit filed by the University of California has allowed more than 117,000 young immigrants to extend their authorization to legally live and work in the United States under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
June 25, 2018
A University of California Board of Regents special committee has nominated UC San Diego doctoral student Hayley Weddle as the 2019-20 student regent, UC announced today (June 25).
May 24, 2018
The University of California recognized today (May 24) two recipients of the 2018 President’s Award for Outstanding Student Leadership, honoring the significant impact their work has made on local campuses and communities.
April 26, 2018
The University of California announced today (April 26) that it will not take up the issue of an in-state tuition increase at the May meeting of the UC Board of Regents and will continue to advocate for full state funding of the university.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.
Youth voices in urban agriculture
As part of the UC Global Food Initiative, the UC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program teamed up with urban farms and gardens in the Bay Area to hear about youth experiences at these places and better understand the challenges of maintaining an urban garden.