February 4, 2019
The University of California congratulates the accomplished winners and finalists of the third annual UC Entrepreneur Pitch Competition, which recognizes creative approaches that revolutionize contemporary business models.
In the News
The Washington Post
December 4, 2018
Colleges and universities cannot waver on doing what’s right.
University of California Admissions
November 29, 2018
REMINDER: The UC application deadline is 11:59 p.m. PST, Nov. 30! To apply online, click here.
- Swipe right: 7 tips for online dating
- The ghosts of fascism: Madeleine Albright in conversation with Pulitzer Prize winner Martha Mendoza
- How hearing impairment is associated with cognitive decline
- Functional, insulin-producing cells grown in lab
- UC San Diego undergrads modernize Tijuana’s emergency response system
- UC Irvine-led study reveals how blood cells help wounds heal scar-free
- Lullabies to help premature infants eat
- 16 elements: Berkeley Lab’s contributions to the periodic table
- How scientists pack butterflies, frogs and sea turtles for the bumpy road
- When a sigh is not just a sigh
- Gov. Newsom appoints alumna and famed plaintiff Kris Perry to key post
- Joint bank accounts make for happier couples
- Paving a path to college
- Want a successful Super Bowl ad? Don't make people think
- Dogs on some popular, grain-free diets could be at risk of heart disease
- Fathers are happier parents than mothers, new study shows
- Self-driving cars will ‘cruise’ to avoid paying to park
- Fractures, head injuries common in e-scooter collisions, according to new research
- Imagine a biodegradable cellphone
- ‘Most women don't use a mic’
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.