Statement from UC Board of Regents Chair Pérez and UC President Napolitano on Gov. Newsom’s budget plan
UC Office of the President and UC Board of Regents
January 10, 2020
UC Board of Regents Chair John A. Pérez and UC President Janet Napolitano today (January 10) issued a statement on Gov. Newsom’s budget plan.
In the News
High Country News
January 13, 2020
From a campus legal clinic all the way to the Supreme Court, UC stands up for Dreamers.
January 9, 2020
This California teenager awaits a ruling that could decide her mother’s future.
University of California
January 6, 2020
Join millions of new voters and seize your power to be heard. The first step is registering to vote so you can participate in the California primary on March 3, 2020.
- How to successfully pitch your ideas
- Single-payer systems likely to save money in US, analysis finds
- Your biggest daily exposure to air pollutants comes while driving your car to work
- A teaching tool for a warming world
- A better flu shot could be on the horizon
- New helmet design can deal with sports’ twists and turns
- Students: Flex your political power. It starts by registering to vote.
- Can you change your personality?
- Putting gene therapy in reach
- Payback or pay back? Children understand revenge before reciprocity, study says
- E-scooters show alarming spike in injuries
- UC San Diego doctors come together to save eyesight of 3-year-old gorilla
- An expert's view on Iran
- Is there (still) a gender gap in politics?
- Diet soda may be hurting your diet
- Brain scans could flag children’s future mental health problems
- Zika vaccine protects fetus in pregnant monkeys
- The giving season
- Five UC research stories that got the world talking in 2019
- UC supporters step forward with generous year-end donations
January 9, 2020
The University of California Board of Regents is searching for the next student representative to serve on UC’s governing body. The Student Regent is a full voting member of the board, representing students across the university’s 10-campus system. This impactful role brings the voice of the student to every issue and decision before the board.
November 21, 2019
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, a woman and minority-owned executive search firm, has been selected to help identify candidates and facilitate a global search for a new president of the University of California.
November 12, 2019
Today is the culmination of a two-year journey for the University of California, its undocumented students and the nation, as the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments in UC’s lawsuit against the Trump administration over its attempts to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
November 10, 2019
University of California President Janet Napolitano and UC Health’s Executive Vice President Dr. Carrie Byington issued a statement today (Nov. 10) following the passing of Bernard J. Tyson, CEO and chair of Kaiser Permanente.
How to answer UC's Personal Insight Questions
About to start the Personal Insight Questions for the UC undergraduate application? Here are some helpful tips on what the questions are about and what they cover.
Help keep the University of California affordable
Today's students deserve the same great UC education as previous generations. Let's grow California together.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association conference overview
UC Santa Cruz’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems, with support from the UC Global Food Initiative, hosted the Sustainable Agriculture Education Association national conference, highlighting hands-on educational efforts that bridge scientific and social issues.
Take a tour of your thoughts with the 'Glass Brain'
The Glass Brain is kind of like it sounds. It’s a colorful, 3-D window into all the mysterious activities that light up the brain.