Be seen. Be heard. Be a UC advocate...
Apply to become a UCAN Student Ambassador!
Want to make UC better for all students? Interested in getting résumé-building experience with political advocacy and public affairs? If the answer to those questions is yes, apply now to be a UCAN student ambassador.
If selected, you’ll join a dynamic community of students from across UC who represent student interests to state and federal government. You’ll help influence state policies and budget decisions that impact UC, and work to ensure that state lawmakers hear and understand your point of view.
What we are looking for
- A strong passion for advocacy and public engagement.
- An understanding of the student organizations and activities on your campus.
- A willingness to conduct student engagement and outreach.
What you will do
- Recruit students on campus to join the UC Advocacy Network.
- Work with systemwide and campus-wide advocacy teams to understand how legislation and the state budget impact the UC system.
- Mobilize students to take action on state and federal campaigns.
- Share outreach strategies and share best practices with other ambassadors.
- Qualified ambassadors may attend a budget advocacy day in Sacramento to testify at a budget hearing and meet directly with legislators and staff.*
*Ambassadors must meet the eligibility criteria to participate in the Sacramento trip. This includes, but is not limited to, actively participating in all UCAN outreach and campaign activities and attending a majority of the video conference calls unless excused. Accepted student ambassadors will receive more information on the criteria.
- The UCAN ambassador program is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- No student government experience is required.
- You must be able to commit at least 10 hours per month for outreach and engagement activities.
Applications are now closed. For more information contact Jennifer.Brice@ucop.edu.
If you are experiencing difficulties submitting your application, please send your application directly to Jennifer.Brice@ucop.edu. We recommend saving your responses on a separate document.